The top House Democrat, Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, and her Democratic colleagues, want young immigrants to be protected again, as they negotiate a budget deal with US President Donald Trump’s Republican Party.
Immigration is one of the biggest sticking points, including so-called “chain migration,” or family-based immigration. It refers to a person bringing members of their family to the US after being granted residency.
Trump wants to put an end to it, but the president’s own ancestors came to America that way.
Al Jazeera’s Shihab Rattansi reports from Washington, DC.
– Subscribe to our channel: http://aje.io/AJSubscribe
– Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AJEnglish
– Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera
– Check our website: http://www.aljazeera.com/
🇺🇸 US: Debunking the myth of ‘chain migration’ #buy #homes in the #USA #realestate
The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. – Deuteronomy 28:12
- Fifth Third exec Jelena McWilliams to become FDIC chair
- Boise poised at the right angle for housing growth
- Mortgage applicants may not always be intentionally fraudulent
- TMS names two EVPs as retail lending division expands
- C-suite shakeup continues for Impac Mortgage Holdings as CFO steps down
- Time’s Up: Yes, it’s happening here, too
- Carrington Retail Group expands its leadership team, adds CTO
- LoanScorecard hires new digital mortgage strategist
- RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing announces relocation to South Carolina
- How to detect mortgage wire fraud before it is too late
- MBA Secondary prepares to hit the big topics
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Inside the housing economy's monster news weekend
- TRK Connection names Jeremy Burcham to lead sales
- Equator names William Mueller national sales director
- Movement Mortgage CEO: Robots will not replace loan officers
- TMS names two SVPs to correspondent lending division
- Jerry Giovaniello, NAR's chief lobbyist, announces retirement
- Trump administration officially nominates Michael Bright to lead Ginnie Mae
- Your favorite mortgage finance publisher is upgrading, in more ways than one
- Wells Fargo: You’re scaring younger generations away