Join host and moderator Neil deGrasse Tyson and his panel of experts for a lively discussion about the past, present, and future of water on Earth.
Earth is the only place in our solar system with liquid water on its surface. Even though water makes up only 0.03 percent of the Earth’s total mass, it covers 70 percent of the planet’s surface. Where did this water come from? Why is it mostly in liquid form? How much of it is drinkable and how vulnerable is this valuable resource? Will we ever run out? Will wars of the future be fought over access to it? Will future generations harness water from space? Is water essential to all life in the universe—or just to life on Earth?
2015 Asimov Panelists include:
-Heidi Hammel, Planetary Astronomer,Executive Vice President of the Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy
-Tess Russo,Hydrologist,Assistant Professor in the Department of Geosciences at Pennsylvania State University
-Ellen Stofan, Planetary Geologist, Chief Scientist of NASA
-Kathryn Sullivan, Geologist, Under Secretary of Commerce for Oceans and Atmosphere and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Administrator
-Charles Wald, General, U.S. Air Force, Retired; Director and Senior Advisor to the aerospace and defense industry for Deloitte LP
The late Dr. Isaac Asimov, one of the most prolific and influential authors of our time, was a dear friend and supporter of the American Museum of Natural History. In his memory, the Hayden Planetarium is honored to host the annual Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate — generously endowed by relatives, friends, and admirers of Isaac Asimov and his work — bringing the finest minds in the world to the Museum each year to debate pressing questions on the frontier of scientific discovery. Proceeds from ticket sales of the Isaac Asimov Memorial Debates benefit the scientific and educational programs of the Hayden Planetarium.
2017 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: De-Extinction
2016 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Is the Universe a Simulation?
2015 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Water, Water
2014 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Selling Space
2013 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: The Existence of Nothing
2012 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Faster Than the Speed of Light
2011 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: The Theory of Everything
Rose Center Anniversary Isaac Asimov Debate: Is Earth Unique?
Subscribe to our channel:
Check out our full video catalog:
2015 Isaac Asimov Memorial Debate: Water, Water #buy #homes in the #USA #realestate
And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19
- National General Lender Services names industry veterans Gunderson and Giammario to EVP roles
- Digital Risk announces new head of diligence services
- United Wholesale Mortgage names Alex Elezaj chief strategy officer
- Rolling the dice on Atlantic City
- LendingTree reveals the cities with the highest rates of denied mortgage applications
- Pam Patenaude headlines the NEXT Mortgage Tech Conference for Women
- Class Appraisal names Scot Rose chief innovation officer
- Sam Khater named vice president and chief economist at Freddie Mac
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Sean Hannity amassed property fortune in wake of subprime crisis
- HW’s Women of Influence nominations close one week from today
- It’s a whole new ballgame: Takeaways from MBA Tech
- Nationstar (aka Mr. Cooper) promotes Tony Ebers to chief operating officer
- Lennar names new CEO for first time in 21 years
- Responding to negative borrower reviews
- Ask the Underwriter: How to qualify for a Home Possible loan with ownership interest in other properties
- Ditech Holding Corp. names Thomas Marano CEO and president
- ServiceLink adds Sean Galaise to default services team
- Altisource names Patrick McClain senior vice president, Hubzu Auction Services
- Karen Cullen joins CrossCheck Compliance as director of compliance and fair & responsible lending
- Mile-high appreciation