Mortgage Brokers (http://mmibrokers.com/)
The number of 95% mortgage deals on offer has risen sharply in the past couple of years.
According to the financial information service Moneyfacts, there are 58 deals around at the moment, from 22 lenders.
That compares with 29 deals a year ago and just 19 at the start of 2010.
But the reality is that very few people are being granted a home loan with just a 5% deposit.
And experts suggest that not only is it still hard to obtain one, it is possibly not very sensible either.
“If you can put down a 10% or 15% deposit, at least, it makes a substantial difference – your choice is so much better and you will get a much better mortgage,” says Andrew Montlake of Coreco mortgage brokers.
Ninety-five per cent mortgages are available, in principle, from a variety of small building societies, and also from some of the UK’s biggest lenders, such as the Halifax and the Nationwide.
for first time buyers (http://mmibrokers.com/first-time-buyer/)
#Buy a #home #Mortgage #Loans #RealEstate #Morgagebroker
how to #finance a #house or #land
- HW’s Women of Influence nominations close one week from today
- It’s a whole new ballgame: Takeaways from MBA Tech
- Nationstar (aka Mr. Cooper) promotes Tony Ebers to chief operating officer
- Lennar names new CEO for first time in 21 years
- Responding to negative borrower reviews
- Ask the Underwriter: How to qualify for a Home Possible loan with ownership interest in other properties
- Ditech Holding Corp. names Thomas Marano CEO and president
- ServiceLink adds Sean Galaise to default services team
- Altisource names Patrick McClain senior vice president, Hubzu Auction Services
- Karen Cullen joins CrossCheck Compliance as director of compliance and fair & responsible lending
- Mile-high appreciation
- Bank of America’s problem with loan officers (and vice versa)
- Show me less money? MBA reports mortgage profits nearly slashed in half
- LERETA adds Bill Theisinger as chief technology officer
- Monday Morning Cup of Coffee: Goldman Sachs buys startup Clarity Money to bolster Marcus
- Chad Smith, loanDepot’s former head of direct lending, lands at Caliber Home Loans
- Realtors Property Resource founding CEO announces retirement
- The Fair Housing Act at 50: Why the legacy of housing discrimination remains
- Freddie Mac Multifamily promotes two key leaders
- For loan officers who want steady business in 2018, it’s time to embrace cash-out refinances